MANOR HOUSE SURVEYORS are  Experienced Chartered Building Engineers & Party Wall Surveyors with an expert knowledge of building structures and the Party Wall etc. Act 1996. Established in 1990's by Nigel Lassetter. The Practice has grown steadily to its present position and has extensive professional experience providing an integrated services to local and national clients.

The Practice has a proven track record in Building Design & Development and Party Wall Services and are members of the prestigious Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors.

We have a wide range of clients including Local Authorities such as Birmingham City Council, Sandwell Council and many others, Educational Establishments, various Community Organisations, Financial Institutions, Housing Associations, Developers and Private Clients.

We can offer expert advice in all areas concerning the Party Wall Act 1996, boundary disputes & structural matters for those requiring building surveys.   We offer a bespoke service for each of our client as no two jobs are the same. We are passionate about what we do and this has helped develop a close working relationship with a wide variety of clients.

Do You Need a Party Wall Surveyor?

The Listed below are examples of some of the most common types of works carried out where party wall notification will by law be required under The Party Wall etc Act 1996:

  • Building an extension along side or astride a boundary.
  • Building a loft conversion.
  • Building a conservatory.
  • Excavations within 3m (or 6m for deep excavations) of the Adjoining Owner's building.
  • Underpinning the whole thickness of the party wall, along part or all of it.
  • Demolishing and rebuilding the party wall.

Minor works such as installing shelves or wall units, replacing recessed electrical sockets, or re-plastering are generally regarded as not necessary for notification to neighbours. You will need to give at least 1 months notice (sometimes 2 months) before commencing. The adjoining owner may agree to allow the works to start earlier.

For further advice you can contact us on:  07976 125887 or 0121 236 2070

You can also email us on:  manorhousesurveyors@gmail.com

A Friendly Guide to the Party Wall Act

A Friendly Guide to the Party Wall Act is a simple, easy to use, explanation booklet giving guidance on the practical applications and legal responsibilities of the Party Wall etc. Act 1996. The booklet gives helpful tips and advice on how to deal with Party Wall disputes, the selection and appointment of a Party Wall Surveyor and the provision of necessary working drawings.

Also included in the booklet are examples of Party Wall notices, an example of a response form and an example of a Party Wall Surveyors appointment letter.